<copyright-statement> Copyright Statement
Copyright notice or statement, suitable for printing or display.
Duplication with the <copyright-holder> and <copyright-year>
The copyright year and copyright holder are usually present within the text of the copyright statement, since this statement is expected to be displayed. For Best Practice for searching and retrieval, the year should be repeated in the element <copyright-year>, and the copyright-holder(s) should be repeated in the element <copyright-holder>.
Multiple Copyright Statements
The copyright statement is allowed to repeat (within the <permissions> element), to allow an organization to tag information such as the following:
- When a standards document has more than one copyright holder (for example, dual copyrights for two separate SDOs), there may be a single <copyright-statement> that names all the copyright owners. But there may also be several <copyright-statement>s, each naming one copyright owner. (Note: Best Practice is to repeat the <copyright-holder> element, once for each copyright owner as well.)
- Several equivalent copyright statements, each in a different language.
- Both a historical copyright statement and the current owner’s copyright.
- The copyright statements for different countries, even if they are all in the same language.
Models and Context
May be contained in
Any combination of:
- Text, numbers, or special characters
- External Linking Elements
- Emphasis Elements
- Inline Display Elements
- <named-content> Named Special (Subject) Content
- <styled-content> Styled Special (Subject) Content
- Baseline Change Elements
Single copyright holder
... <permissions> <copyright-statement>© ISO/IEC 2014</copyright-statement> <copyright-year>2014</copyright-year> <copyright-holder>ISO/IEC</copyright-holder> </permissions> ...
Two copyright holders
... <permissions> <copyright-statement>© NACE International/ASTM International 2015 – All rights reserved</copyright-statement> <copyright-year>2015</copyright-year> <copyright-holder>NACE International</copyright-holder> <copyright-holder>ASTM International</copyright-holder> <license> <license-p>All rights reserved</license-p> </license> </permissions> ...